Monday 27 February 2012

Blog5: Reflections on Heidi's RGD Visit

I was very interested in Heidi's visit when she came to our class to talk about the RGD. Before this visit I vaguely knew what it was about and what it stood for but after she elaborated on what it was I thought it was really neat organization. What they do is certify graphic designers in Ontario who met the standard levels of professionalism through a successful completion of a portfolio as well as grasping the concepts of design, business, research ad theory. I think this is a great opportunity for every designer and I think a license like this  articulates something about your skills.

My out look on spec work is probably the same as the opinions of many designers. I completely agree with Heidi and how it is not fair when a company or a client asks you to do work for free. I think that when you choose to do something for free, you have to be passionate it about it and give out your work with permission. I think clients should pay their designers for everything that they design, even if it is rough process work.

No comments:

Post a Comment